Full width home advertisement

Keep Traveling

People

Business

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

 

Mt. Loay is in Sta. Cruz, Davao Del Sur, and considered by seasoned hikers as a “minor climb”.

The total course has an elevation reap of 1,040 meters above sea level. Mt Loay becomes the favorite hiking destination of those hikers as it is their training ground and preparation for their major climb like climbing the Mt. Apo.

Some are curious about why people love to hike. Mountaineers convey that climbing mountain give them comfort, peace, and fun. Some of them humorously said that you can find your true love when you are hiking a mountain and also to forget your painful past experiences.

Curiosity is one of the reasons why other people are trying to hike or climb a mountain. They are curious to experience the trail going to the top or curious to see some species of animals or plants.


An experience worth a while. It was my first hiked with colleagues. We started the trail at 6:00 in the morning. The mountain has a chilly climate. Then I said “Kung brokenhearted ka, talagang dadamayan ka ng weather. Napakalamig, parang relationship namin noon!”. While hiking the trail, I enjoyed and loved seeing the beautiful nature that surrounded me.

We passed several stations along the trail where we can take a break and take to refresh again. In the middle of the trail, I can felt the pain in my both legs and sweat all over my body. Then I asked myself, “why am I doing this?” I was heavily breathing & exhausted, and about to give up but I kept moving.

After 5 hours of walking, we reached the peak. I am overwhelmed that the best view comes from the hardest climb. I felt amazed when we got there. The view was breathtaking. All the pain and tiredness I felt suddenly faded away. We spent two hours at the peak, ate our lunch, and took some photos.

Then, we traversed to Langan Falls and start to go down. As I anticipated that it was a downhill trail, but in my mind it was a “Downhell”, kidding aside. It was hard. I needed to hang on trees and their roots. “Sana ganun lang kadali mag hold on para hindi ka mahulog sa maling tao” I uttered. After 3 hours, we reached the Langan Falls took a rest, and enjoyed the cold spring water. Afterward, traveled back to Davao City.

That experienced in climbing the Mt Loay answered my curiosity. I believed that the reason why people climbed was for enjoyable & memorable experiences.



How to get Mt. Loay Peak
1. From Davao City Overland Transport, you ride a bus or van bound to General Santos, Digos City or Kidapawan City.
2. Drop off in Santa Cruz Public Market.
3. Ask some locals where is the Loay junction ( where the trek starts).
Breakdown for your Travel
  • Fare: Php 70.00 x 2 (Davao City vice versa) + Php 30.00 x 2 (Langan to National Highway vice versa) = Php 200.00
  • Registration & Maintenance Fees: Php 10.00 (Loay) + Php 10.00 (Langan) = Php 20.00
  • Food: Php 100.00 (Or you may bring your food)
Total Amount: Php 320.00

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bottom Ad [Post Page]